Work with us
- Self-motivated + passionate about learning
- Pleasant to work with
- Creative and allergic to dogma
- Committed to the career of a professional software developer
Can you hit the ground running with a Laravel project and have enough experience with web application development to adapt to other frameworks as projects demand? If so, let’s talk! Here’s an idea of what we’re looking for:
2+ Years of Professional Web Application Development Experience
- Can you describe your preferred web stack to me?
- Can you show me multiple Git repos of real-life projects you’ve deployed for customers?
- Do you use Git for version control?
1+ Year Professional Laravel Development Experience
- Can you walk me through the structure of two non-trivial Laravel projects you’ve deployed for customers?
- Can you discuss different problem scenarios and how you would solve them with Laravel?
- Have you created a new package for Laravel or made a significant fork of an available package?
- Do you know how to setup a continuous integration pipeline for a Laravel project?
Basic Linux experience
- Are you comfortable on the command line?
- Have you set up your own Linux web server before?
Beyond these basics, we’d love to find someone with experience or a very strong interest in one or more of the following:
- Other PHP frameworks like Symfony, Drupal, or WordPress
- Agile and Lean methodologies
Location + Remote Options
We’re located in the Bay Area, but as a remote team we’re open to applicants who are located in a compatible time zone. You MUST be located within 3hrs time window of Pacific Standard AND be available for meeting 8AM-5PM PST. We have a daily standup at 8AM PST that is mandatory. Please do not apply if you do not fit both of these criteria.