Work with us
Business Development Associate
Tandem is a digital agency looking for a business development associate who can help with...
- Lead Generation : Help create lists of leads, filtering through resources like LinkedIn Sales Navigator,
- Prospecting : Start conversations using multiple channels (including drip campaigns, cold calling, networking on virtual platforms, etc.) and find leads with enough interest in our services to schedule a virtual meeting with a Tandem account manager.
- Follow-up : Own the communication with leads. Instantly respond to incoming emails. Make sure that follow-ups between leads and account managers happen. Check-back with leads who expressed interest but weren't prepared to talk. Nothing slips through the cracks!
- Data Management : Manage all data in our CRM and make sure it's useful to everyone in the sales process.
In order to succeed this individual should…
- Share Tandem's core values.
- Give a shit and take pride in their (and by extension) the organization's work.
- Be self-motivated and passionate about learning.
- Be pleasant to work with.
- Be creative and allergic to dogma.
- Be able to see the "big picture" value of your work.
This is an entry level position; the biggest requisite is having zero fear about trying new things and talking with new people. That said, there are a few essential requirements.
- Drip Campaigns : Ability to use a drip email campaign solution.
- Data Management : Experience managing lists of contacts in a CRM and in spreadsheets.
- Digital Communication : You can handle multiple digital channels (email/LinkedIn/Twitter/Slack) at once, responding nearly instantly to incoming communications and never letting a message fall through the cracks.
- Writing : You can communicate via email in a professional and warm manner. Good grammar/spelling is essential, as is fluidity.
- Go getter, highly motivated and self starter.
- Very friendly, open presence. You're constantly looking to start new conversations with people you don't know.
Experience with Our Offerings/Customers
- Experience in B2B Software Sales
- Experience selling enterprise SaaS software, digital consulting services (ex: web design/application development), or creative consulting services (ex: marketing/copywriting).
- Experience selling technical solutions to management, VP, and C-level executives.
Tandem is a completely remote team, but to apply you must be…
- Located within 3hrs time window of Pacific Standard Time.
- Available for meeting 8AM-5PM PST. Much of our team is in EST and we have a mandatory daily standup at 8AM PST. East Coast team members tend to stop work ~2PM PST but make themselves available for West Coast client meetings when needed.
Please do not apply if you do not fit both of these criteria.
Do you want a place to work on your own ideas AND make money?
Back in 2012, Tandem founders Alec and Mike had a crazy idea: using the profits from their consultancy, they could avoid the venture-funded rat race and fund development of new digital products themselves.
Since then they not only created insanely popular products and helped great organizations, but learned the power of relationships. Trust. Transparency. Treating people like adults. These are the values that created the Tandem team and sustain it today.
So if you have that wild, Muir-like spirit within you, the one that wants to climb the entrepreneurial tree and scream out to the world, Tandem is making a place for you. It's a place that feeds the creative beast while respecting your need for a balanced life. Because let's face it, we're all too old for this "ramen stage" shit.
- Initial Interview: Review basic qualifications and for both of us to gut-check the fit. (15 minutes)
- Qualifications Interview (30 min - 1hr)
- [Before Interview]: Write an email drip campaign for a proposed market segment. Show why you'd target this segment and how you'd find leads to send the campaign to.
- Email response assessment. We'll send you a few real emails we've gotten from interested leads and you'll respond in real-time.
- Walk us through previous roles you've had to give real-world examples of how you've performed similar responsibilities.
- Reference checks
- Followup interviews with the team. (30 min - 1hr)
- Profiting together?
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter with your resume to [email protected]