Lando is for developers who want to easily specifiy and quickly spin up the services and tools needed to develop their projects.
It is a free and open-source local development environment built on Docker container technology. Lando runs on Mac, Windows, and Linux, providing an easy way for users to specify simple or complex development requirements for projects using many popular languages, frameworks, and services.
In that way it can be thought of as a development dependency management tool.
With Lando you can...
- Easily mimic your production environment locally.
- Standardize your teams dev environments and tooling on OSX, Windows and Linux.
- Integrate with hosting providers like Pantheon
- Store all of the above in a version controlled config file called
- Easily customize or extend tooling, deployment options and basically any other functionality.
- Free yourself from the tyranny of inferior local development products.
A developer should be able to get a running site and the tools needed to develop that site with a single, short config file called
.lando.yml that lives in the root directory of your project and a few
Lando supports these core languages:
and these prebaked recipes:
and these auxiliary services:
As well as a whole lot more.